Grooming at the South Towne Veterinary Hospital
Our Groomer, Jacquie, has been in the animal field for many years. Starting with grooming, dog showing, obedience, animal rescue and rehabilitation in the beginning years and evolving to just grooming over the past 10 years.
Each dog is given her undivided attention and affection. It is important to her that each dog is groomed on an individual basis and that each dog’s needs are met or specific problems (behavioral, medical etc.) are addressed with the owners or the Doctors.
*Appointments are available Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings.
*Larger dogs require more time and fewer appointments are available on those days.
*All products used are safe and gentle OR previously prescribed by the Veterinarians.
*For those dogs and cats that require grooming with sedation appointments are scheduled with the Doctors and the groomer.
*Cat grooming is also available however due to the nature of stress levels in cats we generally do not bathe them unless it’s necessary or required. (ie:Fleas or serious skin issues).
*It is important for the owners of a difficult dog to understand that it is not always possible to get that “perfect” finished look. Every effort is made to that goal but it is not always accomplished. Safety comes first and foremost and Jacquie will not compromise that.
Boarding at the South Towne Veterinary Hospital
Here at the South Towne Veterinary Hospital we know your pet is part of the family. Your pet will receive close supervision by our trained staff. We will monitor your pet’s attitude, appetite, urination and bowel movements. If we notice any trouble we will contact you right away and pursue treatment. We can give medications or treatments as needed by our staff under veterinary supervison.
Your canine friend is walked 3-4 times daily to allow normal elimination, behavior and exercise. This will help reduce those “accidents” when you return home. We do have runs available for larger dogs (limited availability – please reserve early).
Your feline companion can be boarded in our cat ward which is a private room just for kitties. Your cat will have a cage with different levels to perch on to make his/her stay feel a little more like home.
We also have a separate exotic ward for boarding special pets that may need to be kept in a warmer, climate controlled atmosphere. This includes reptile, birds and small pets.
- All dogs must have current immunizations against Rabies, Distemper, Parvo Virus, Bordatella & Brochitis.
- All cats must have current immunizations against Rabies, Feline Distemper, Rhinotracheitis, & Calici Virus.
- All animals must have had a fecal examination for internal para sites within the last 12 months.
- All animals must be free of external parasites (fleas & ticks) when admitted for boarding; or must be treated upon admission.
- A cleansing bath is optional on the day of dismissal. All major grooming is referred to our professional groomer.
- All clients are required to read & sign the boarding admittance form.
- All animals will be admitted & discharged ONLY during regular office hours.
- Any animal that requires emergency or immediate veterinary attention will receive it at our discretion, and at the owner’s expense.
- An emergency telephone number will be required when an animal is left with the clinic.
- Animals requiring medication or treatment (such as wound or diabetic treatment) will be charged appropriate fees. Heartworm preventative medication should be administered for the month before or after the boarding time. There is no danger in giving this medication early.
- Please inform us if you are not happy with the way your pet is cared for. Your satisfaction & your pet’s well-being are our primary concern.
- Be aware that your pet’s diet may have varied while away from home. They may have barked at other animals; or the temperature & humidity may have been slightly different from your home. This can create problems such as sore throats, tonsillitis, or diarrhea. We seek to prevent such problems, but you must understand that these problems do develop due to change in environment & stress. Owners will be charged appropriate fees for all treatment and medication needed for reasons that are not directly under our control.
- We encourage you to bring a bed with smells from home, your pet’s diet to prevent diarrhea, and a few favorite toys. Toys will be given under supervision at our discretion. We have cage bedding here as well.
- We encourage you to bring along your pet’s regular diet to help avoid diarrhea. We have a hospital bland diet that we can feed if you forget or choose not to bring some from home.
- We will provide food & water dishes.